Saturday, July 13, 2013

Muscle ache...damn volcano ;)

Yesterday we tried climbing Mount Pico and we succeeded.
Mount Pico is a stratovulcano and with 2351m the tallest mountain in Portugal
To be honest, I don't know if i had done this alone. There are 45 marks on the trail and i think i had my very low between mark 17-26. Sadly we had clouds all around us. So no nice view to Faial and over Pico itself. That was a bit frustrating, but there has to be a reason doing it again ;)

As I implied, climbing up was the hardest part for me, also others are thinking its climbing down. No doubt, it was hard too and because I had five big blister due to ill-fitting socks, it was really painfull the last 8 marks, but not as hard as the ascend ;)

Today the muscle ache in my thighs started, we will see how hard it will become in the next couple of hours. I hate muscle ache when it get's slowly stronger. I prefer going to bed, waking up and nearly can't move anymore. ;)
Anyway it was a great training and i would recommend doing this 
at your last day if the waether allow's it.

No comments :

Post a Comment